Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Twister!


PC200777, originally uploaded by stangroomm.

The organizers had hired a sound system, which was very loud and went on until 5 every morning, lucky we had no neighbours to disturb!

On the 2nd night, I must admit I got a little bit drunk, but this was a good thing, because under the careful tuition of a couple of the girls I became, for one night only, the greatest Salsa dancer in the world, ever! The booze definitely helped, I progressed swiftly, although not entirely gracefully from the basic forwards/backwards, to side to side, to side to side with a step, onto spins, Merengue and God knows what ever else. The next day unfortunately I was unable to repeat the feat, sobriety had robbed me of my dancing shoes, although I received many compliments on my dance floor prowess from some rather surprised Colombians.

No comments: