Saturday, November 8, 2008

River Bend

Have moved into the River Bend Resort where my friend Lucy is working. Staying in a dorm with 3 guys who all work them in a kind of work trade deal, ie they handiwork on the resort and get accomodation. Have made good use of the hot springs, was even out there when it was freezing last night. Despite being in the desert it was below freezing tonight, although back to normal and nice and warm today. Last night had a Persian meal with Maya and her friend Ruth, a septenarian artist who showed me her studio and art. Spent this morning in the tub, and chilling in the music shop with Reed and David. Reed played guitar, David drums and I just added vibes as best I could. Just listening now to Kanye Wests new track http://www.kanyeuniversecity.com/blog/?em3106=212776_-1__0_~0_-1_5_2008_0_0&em3161=&em3281=

its a departure from his old stuff and may take a couple of listens for me to get into it. I am eating alot here, the restaurants are all cheap as chips and give you so much food. The diner round the corner charges $3.25 for 2 bacpn, 2 eggs and 2 huge pancakes plus coffee for breakfast. On Thursday night I ate 2 plates of food for dinner. I think i must have put on some timber since I got into town. Just a well, i heard the food in Cuba is bland so best fill my boots now!

No comments: