Friday, January 9, 2009

I Love This Photo


P1081425, originally uploaded by stangroomm.

So I am putting it on my blog. In Ecuador, its cold and a comedown from the fun in Colombia. On way to Peru, where it willalso be cold, although we´ll probably stop off at a beach resort on the way to warm our bones.

This photo was taken outside a club called "Lado B" in Pasto during the Carnaval de Blancos y Negros, a wild 3 day annual carnival where the locals paint each other, spray each other with foam and talc and generally make a huge mess of their otherwise bland town.

On one day of the carnival everyone paints their face white, the next day black. This provided me with the opportunity to be totally un PC and do something you couldn´t do in the UK, I had a black face for a day. Its a really old tradition here and no one could understand why it wouldn´t be posible at home when I tried to explain. God bless Colombia.

No comments: