Thursday, February 5, 2009

Buenos Aires


P1281751, originally uploaded by stangroomm.

A rather delayed look back at the ´Paris of South America´. Spent my first few days there miserable and suffering from a very upset gut. This no doubt equally disturbed the fellow travellers in my hostel, which to be honest wass a little bit too noisy and PARTY focussed for my liking anyway. Maybe I´m finally getting old.
Anyway, BA, seemed more like a cross between Barcelona, and I iamagine, somewhere like Rome, than Paris, although it is definitely more like being in Europe than South America. The food is amazing, very much influenced by the Italian immigrants, the ice cream is incrediblee! The women are beautiful although the city itself not as pretty aas its European counterparts.
We were there for a week, about half of this I was ill. The other half was spent enjoying a bike ride through the South of the city, including the port area, San Telmo and Boca (home of Boca Juniors FC). There is a great vibe/pace of life in BA, very relaxed with a focus on good living and good food. We checked out a drum and bass club one night too, my one bit of partying there.
I enjoyed it, although not as much aas people had raved on about it, maybe because I didnt have enough time or maybe because it seemed like a pale version of a great European city.

So, ater all that, we hit the road again to Puerto de Iguazu, the Argentinian side of the most impressive collection of water falls in the world. A not too shabby 24 hour coach journey......

No comments: