Thursday, March 5, 2009

Here I Go Again On My Own


P3022236, originally uploaded by stangroomm.

In the words of Whitesnake, "I dont know where I´m going, but I sure know where I´ve been" . This is not strictly true but it does allow me the pleasure of a link to this soft rock classic, a video featuring some of the girliest haircuts from the 1980´s.

So basically, I am now travelling on my own, again. Mike and I said our goodbyes at Salvador bus station after 3 months of being on the road. I then hooked up again with Benja from Ibiza for 5 days, who has now flown back to the white island, leaving me, well, on my own. As such, I am in an internet cafe at 11pm on a Friday night. Mainly because I have been partying a little recently, so fancy a night off. I´m back in Itacare, I went to Morro de Sao Paolo for 2 days but came back. Morro has changed since i was last there in 2002, it has been developed alot and is a bit lumpy on the pocket so I took the boat and bus back to Itacare, its cheaper, more chilled, and I just like it more. I´ll stay here until the 9th or 10th, there are some amazing beaches that I have yet to visit nearby so it makes sense. Plus the best bar I have been to in Brasil is here, Favela Cafe. A very relaxed place with some great music, good crowd, good vibes in general, hip hop, reggae, Brasilian funk and some good Cairpirinhas. Life here is basically as follows

-get up
-have breakfast
-go to the beach, read, train, sunbathe, run along the waters edge, look at girls, have a coconut milk and some lunch
-go back to the pousada
-sleep
-have dinner
-walk the street (it´s a small town)
-drink a couple of cans of beer
-see whats happening at Favela cafe and maybe even talk to people. Have met some cool people recently actually.

Have been doing some great training recently, every day in fact. Either in my pousada or down at the beach. I´m really pleased that I haven´t let my kung fu slip, as could easily have happened. I guess thats a sign, it is something I love doing , but I think i knew that anyway. So, planning a trip to China after I´ve been home for a bit. The recession seems to be biting bad, and I think I can live cheap in China, especially if I am spending most of the time getting voluntarily tortured by Shaolin monks, or at least the sell out ones that will train you for Western money. Apparently the hard core ones wont even talk to you if you are Western, I heard one Swedish guy approached a temple and was made to stare at the sun every day for a week, before they would talk to him. Must remember to pack my shades.

Anyway, I am gibbering. I´m off to Colombia (again) next week in case you didnt know and then fly back to London from Rio on the 20th April. Get the bunting ready, bake a cake etc.

Ciao

No comments: