Tuesday, July 14, 2009

New Old Soul

This guys stuff is the shit, and there is quite a buzz building up, Gilles Peterson and Benji B are big fans. Well, from what I've heard of it anyway demonstrates he deserves such learned fans. Smokey Robinson influenced, his music sounds like it comes from a different age whilst still sounding fresh and relevant, kind of like The White Stripes in that respect, although he has allowed the modern world to work into his sounds, namely hip hop, of the J Dilla variety.



His album is going to drop this Autumn on Stones Throw, a highly recommended label

and check this sound out



Can't wait for the album to hit the streets, plus would love to hear him spin, guesting on a Gilles Peterson podcast he played some of the most divine soul sounds I have heard, which you should be able to hear right about here



On a darker note, I have recently been receiving some racist emails into my junk folder in my hotmail account. Some guy called RJames, a right wing Christian scary type somehow started spamming me through Google Groups. I certainly don't recall subscribing to his particular line of hatred and have notified Google of his groups offensive postings. I know of at least one other person who was receiving unsolicited messages from this guy. At least it is a reminder that although the web can be used for good purposes, there is also some bad folk out there using it to spread their messages of hate and we need to remain vigilant of them.

Paz y amor a todos

No comments: