Thursday, July 23, 2009

Swine Time

I have a cold. But its not swine flu. I know this because colds come on slow, flu's hit you fast. So remember that. But be careful. Swine flu can strike at any moment just like a tune from the past, thats 30 years old, that you never heard before, but you instantly know and love. When I was 8 my favourite record was Grandmaster Flash's "White Lines". I didnt know what it was about, but I knew it was an incredible sound. I heard this for the first time last night, it is Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five under their earlier name "The Younger Generation". Why did no one tell me about this tune before?

">

I was reminded, by the power of Facebook and an old friend, of this wicked little number as a result of uploading The Younger Generation to my Facebook profile



Now, I heard this ladies voice on a Mos Def track this week, which is called "The Ecstatic" and is out around now. She features on the track "Roses" and goes by the name of Georgia Anne Muldrow. In my opinion she steals the track, I don't know if it was her track originally, but have a listen and see what I mean.



To liken her to the Erykah Badu would be easy and unfair but she does have the nu soul vibe going on. Signed to Stones Throw she has been releasing albums for a few years now so worth checking out. http://www.myspace.com/georgiaannemuldrow



Just gotta mention this one, cos its Mos Def rapping in Spanish. Really looking forward to getting hold of the album now.

">


Ending on a high, this one kind of smashes it........

">

No, we're not ending it there because you have to listen to this wonderful African Funk sound from the 70s.......make you clap your hands.........



Paz, salud y amor a todos, because that's all it's about.......

No comments: